Barbeque and Driver's Education

Social Events Discussion

Barbeque and Driver's Education

Postby jennmills » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:23 pm

• BARBEQUE
We’re cooking up some fun and hope you can come!
CERPCA and Bob Woodman Tires
Presents
A Barbeque and Driver’s Education Tech Session
With live music provided by
“THE BULL GRAPES”

February 15, 2014
11am – 3pm
22 John Galt Road, Beaufort, SC

We will be serving hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, bottled water, soda and beer. The BBQ is free to all club members and immediate family.

During our day together, we will have several events which members are encouraged to participate in. Besides a great day of socializing, live music, prizes, and plenty of good eating and refreshments, We will be presenting an information session on all you need to know to sign up for one of our Driver’s Education events @ Roebling Road.

To help facilitate our preparations for food and refreshments and ensuring we have plenty of food and drink for all, we will need an accurate head count. Please RSVP at your earliest convenience, with name and number of immediate family members. Please send your timely response to Tracy Goucher at [email protected] or call (843) 252-6369.
Hope to see you for a great and fun-filled outing.
HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVER EDUCATION
OR HOW TO DRIVE YOUR CAR LIKE GOD AND FERRY INTENDED

The following information will be covered in more detail at the BBQ by Dave Grandt, John Myer, and Bob Woodman:

What is High Performance Driver Education?
It is an opportunity to learn some of the amazing capabilities of your Porsche in a safe and controlled environment; a race track. We use Roebling Road Raceway which is near the Savannah Airport. A PCA trained Instructor will be riding with you and you will attend classroom sessions. You will learn many techniques that will make you a better and safer street driver while having fun!
Driver Ed is NOT racing or a racing school.

I’ve never done anything like that before …
That is fine! There will be 20-25 others with no experience either. You will be grouped with others who have similar experience. We are all here to learn something and have fun.

Will it damage my car?
Any time you take your car out, you risk damage to your car. High speed track events are no different. Listen to your instructor, use common sense, and you should be fine. A wee bit of tire wear and some additional gas usage should be all you notice.

What changes to my car do I need to make?
None, usually. You need to get your car inspected (teched) ahead of time. Bob Woodman Tires or Porsche of Hilton Head can do it. They both will do it for FREE! No modifications needed for most cars. You can even borrow a helmet! Dress code is casual, as you can tell.

What is the D. E. schedule?
We start on Friday with a pizza & beer social at the Savannah Hampton Inn, Airport. We begin Saturday morning at the track at 8 AM with a Drivers Meeting. New participants (Green run group) go to class after it and other groups head out to the track. During the day, you will have a total of 4 twenty minute sessions on track. On Saturday evening, there is a BBQ dinner at the Hotel. We are back at the track on Sunday at 8 AM sharp to do it all again!

Who are the instructors and what will they teach me?
Look for people with the Instructor shirts on! You will learn advanced car control theory, how to handle and avoid possible emergency situations and how to safely explore the limits of these wonderful automobiles.

How much does this all cost?
The cost for everything: the pizza social, 2 days of track time, the BBQ dinner, the classes AND an event T-shirt (or equivalent) is normally $225.
HOWEVER, learn about a new deep discount for all Coastal Empire Region members!

How do I register?
We will hold a clinic on how to register on: http://www.clubregistration.net
Jennifer Mills
2006 997S
1984 Targa
jennmills
President

2006 Porsche 997

Re: Barbeque and Driver's Education

Postby jennmills » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:25 pm

If you plan to attend, let's take a winding route down to Beaufort after breakfast at Sunflower. See you soon!
Jennifer Mills
2006 997S
1984 Targa
jennmills
President

2006 Porsche 997

Re: Barbeque and Driver's Education

Postby NascarRacn » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:47 pm

See you there
NascarRacn
Past President

1982 Porsche 928