Helen, GA Mountain Trip - June 21st 2013

Social Events Discussion

Helen, GA Mountain Trip - June 21st 2013

Postby pors928v8 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:22 am

In lieu of the Tail of the Dragon this year we'll be heading to the Bavarian style village of Helen, Georgia. Helen is nestled in the mountains along the Chattahoochee River. We'll depart Friday (Orangeburg exit 145 St. Matthews Road) from the Hardees (there is a gas station right next door so you can top off with gas) promptly at 10:30am. Please arrive no later than 10:15.

We'll travel to Seneca, SC where we'll stop for lunch around 1:30pm. From there we'll continue on to Helen, Georgia via some backroads, arriving in Helen approximately 5pm. Well plan for a later dinner on Friday so folks can take in some of the local town (shopping/river activities).

Saturday we'll depart from Helen, Georgia and travel backroads to Wolf Mountain Winery (owned and operated by a PCA member). We'll arrive in time to have a winery tour starting at 11am. We'll have a tasting and lunch at the winery, as well as get a look a few Porsches that inhabit the owners garage.

After lunch we'll travel via more backroads but a different route back to Helen where you can enjoy the remainder of the afternoon visiting the town, engaging in some outdoor/river activities for visiting some other local wineries in the area. We'll plan for a group dinner Saturday night at a restaurant to be named.

You do not have to participate in any of the group dinners on Friday or Saturday night but if you plan to I do need to know so that I can make adequate RSVP's. This is their "In-Season". Thanks.

]Host Hotel: The Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Helen, GA (706)878-9000
Room Rates: $109 p/night (1st nights deposit is required w/RSVP)
Rooms will be held at this special rate till May 21, 2013. After this date the lower rate and room is NOT guaranteed. There are currently 8 rooms (5/7/13) still available[/b].

Please email me [email protected] once your make your room RSVP and let me know if you'll be attending the dinners. Thanks and hope to see everyone there.
Jackie
pors928v8
Newsletter Editor

1986 Porsche 944

Return to Social Events