[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 128: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 128: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Palmetto Region Forum • View topic - Fall Mountain Trip

Fall Mountain Trip

Social Events Discussion

Fall Mountain Trip

Postby jennmills » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Since we had so much fun at the Tail of the Dragon last year, we're going to try something different this fall. :oops: Thus, for the weekend of Friday, September 9 to Sunday, September 11, we will base ourselves in Mt. Airy, North Carolina (aka Mayberry) to enjoy the curvy roads, sight see, and visit a couple of wineries.

If you are interested in going, please make your hotel reservation and let me know. There is a block of rooms under Palmetto Region PCA Confirm # 82552113 for $99/night at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy (Direct: 336-789-5999). Rooms are available either single or double - select based on your preference. Pricing includes daily breakfast.

Tentative Agenda:
Friday - We will plan to caravan via interstate/back roads heading north, lunch at a meat & 3 in rural South Carolina. More interstate/back roads to get us to Mount Airy. Time to explore downtown before a casual dinner & social time.
Saturday - Curvy roads in the beautiful mountains, casual lunch and visit 2-3 wineries before heading back to the hotel base to freshen up before dinner. Group dinner, location TBD.
Sunday - On your own to head back or continue the sight seeing/winery visits.

I've got dining recommendations and lots of suggested roads and wineries. I just need to know how many are coming so I can make appropriate reservations.

I'll update this post as more details get firmed up. Hope to see you in September.
Jennifer Mills
2006 997S
1984 Targa
jennmills
President

2006 Porsche 997

Re: Fall Mountain Trip

Postby NascarRacn » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:47 pm

Jackie's Dad and I will be there, no bells or whistles though.....lol
Last edited by NascarRacn on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
NascarRacn
Past President

1982 Porsche 928

Postby jennmills » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:23 pm

For the Myrtle Beach crowd, if we go I-26 to Exit 145B and take Hwy 601 North, it looks like we'll cross I-20 at Exit 92. Or if we go north via Hwy 521, we'll cross I-20 at exit 98... let do some searching to see if I can find which would have better options for us to meet up and I'll get back to you.

For the Hotel.... they are only going to hold our rooms until 30 days prior to Sept 9. After that, the block is off and we'll be subject to general availability.

Ken - can you pass on to Rocky & crowd? I don't have his email address. Thanks!
Jennifer Mills
2006 997S
1984 Targa
jennmills
President

2006 Porsche 997

Postby Chuck 951 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Count us in.......

Chuck & Lola Ottwell
Chuck 951

Postby jennmills » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:32 pm

Jennifer Mills
2006 997S
1984 Targa
jennmills
President

2006 Porsche 997

Postby NineOneOne » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:18 am

Robin and I are still in Jennifer. I'm making hotel reservations today. Should be a good time!

Rocky
NineOneOne

Postby NascarRacn » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:13 am

BTW: I was lazy in reserving our room and just did it today (14th) and it was the last $99 room. I think the rest are $109 unless you have the gift of gab or just lucky...I will meet the group up near Columbia since that's where I'm getting my passenger from.
NascarRacn
Past President

1982 Porsche 928

Return to Social Events